Tuesday 12 January 2016

The Zitting Cisticola, Delta del Ebro, Spain

Don't you just love the name Zitting Cisticola?!  

I remember reading this name on another Birder's blog before we went to Spain, but I didn't have any idea what it was and to my shame didn't even look it up in the bird book before we went.

But on an evening walk along a quiet track by the North Coast of the Delta, when the sun cast its golden glow over the reeds, I noticed a small bird 'bouncing' out of the reeds yo-yo style.  After a few of these bounces I tried to make judgements when to expect the next one and roughly where it was going to land - not easy and I missed quite a few opportunities. I tried to catch him in the air, but the ones I got were impossibly blurred as he was soooo quick. 

All the time I just kept thinking to myself 'is this the Zitting Cisticola?' - not sure why but I thought it seemed appropriate.

Then I got lucky or quicker or smarter or ... well just lucky.  And I give you the Zitting Cisticola!















No comments:

Post a Comment