Saturday 23 January 2016

Osprey - Delta Ebre, Spain

That moment when you see your first Osprey take off from a telegraph pole and it's carrying its kill!!!
BUT ... You're in the campervan, it's moving, your camera battery is in the charger on the side & your camera is in the cupboard!
In the space of a few seconds, we stopped the van; I scrambled for the camera; pulled the block with all the chargers so hard all iPads & phones went flying leaving the camera battery on the floor in front of me; pushed battery into camera as I simultaneously leapt out of van door taking the flyscreen with me; my camera was on single point focus & Aperture priority which was all wrong for this moving bird, but the bird was already flying away from me & gaining speed, so I had to go for it.
I won't win an award but I have a memorable shot which quite nicely represents the chaos that surrounds my enthusiastic attempts at photographing these challenging creatures!


No comments:

Post a Comment